Saturday, May 22, 2010

The School Is Almost Finished

So, we haven't been very good about keeping the posts up to date! But here is the progress of the Austin Frampton school. Once we finished with the bricks we put the timbers up for the roof.


While the guys were working on the trusses for the roof we kept working on plastering the walls. That's way fun because we just throw the cement on the wall and then smooth it out using trowels or boards. Some of the dudes are really skilled at it, they laugh at what a rookie I am.

Once the tin got here they started doing the roof. They are so protective of me they wouldn't let me get up there and work on the roof at all. That's cool because they are a lot faster at it than I would ever be.
So Malau and I kept working on the inside, plastering and painting the walls. We're not gonna completely finish painting because I want to save some for Austin to paint when he gets here in July. But it's starting to look way sweet!
Here's what it looks like from the outside with the roof on. It has two classrooms and I think it will house 80 to 100 kids. We still have some work to do on the outside, we're going to plaster the walls and paint it. We should be done in another week or so.
I know some of you are asking what I'm going to do when we finish the school. Don't worry, I still have a ton of work to do. We are going to build all the desks for the school. We are going to build a new kitchen for the KCC, the old one got destroyed in a storm last year, and we are going to start building some other schools in different villages. I will have plenty to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment