Sunday, April 18, 2010

April 17, 2010


Even though it rained like crazy in Mnyenzeni, it stayed dry enough in Dzivani that we poured the concrete slab, let it dry and cure for a day, and now we are starting on the walls. Madzo, the foreman is such a stud. He just works his butt off!

These people really are the greatest people in the world, their spirit is rock solid and they honestly have everything. Once I got unpacked and everything a quote from Fightclub popped in my mind.. It's the part when Brad Pitt and that other dude are up in the bathroom and he can’t figure out why Brad Pitt lives in such a crap hole. All Brad Pitt says is “ once you have nothing, you realize you have everything” and that really is how I feel along with my Kenyan brothers. They are living in mud houses all over this country and more durumas live all over africa in this same way, but they don’t even care. They have three shirts to their name and probably 300 schillings in their wallet but they are so happy and they would do anything for you. I really do envy these people and this lifestyle is probably the best thing that has ever happened to me. I really am so stoked on everything in Dzivani, the school is going up strong and tomorrow the Dzivani soccer team goes up against the Mnyenzeni team so its gonna be huge! It's the semi finals so hopefully my boys can pull it out. Buffalo is rooting for the Mnyenzeni team cause his son is on the team so its gonna be intense! I am stoked, Madzo, me, and the crew are working til about 1 and then we are all going together in the Koins tractor trailer thing to the game along with the team. Such a team van huh? any way, i am stoked for the weekend and hope you guys are too...

No comments:

Post a Comment