Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Progress of The Austin Frampton School

What's happening my brothas and sistas? We've been working hard here in the mother land getting some stuff done! The school is going up so fast it is killing me. Monday we finished one of the peaks where the roof will rest and then yesterday we finished the other two. Then today was fun, we started plastering the walls so you won’t see all the crappy cinderblocks and stuff. All you do is grab some concrete and throw it against the wall. Malau thinks he is such a stud when he tries to work with the actual concrete guys but really he just doesn’t know what he is doing and I die laughing every time. It is so funny when he gets excited or mad and tries to speak English cause he isn’t fluent enough to really know what he is saying so his mouth just opens way wide and he just goes “uhhhhh” and his eyes go all big and he can’t find any words and it kills me every time. Then sometimes he will talk to me in Duruma thinking I will respond and then he will just bust up laughing cause he forgets. We had some fun putting up the peaks on the school and then plastering the walls.
I can't believe how much more finished it looks when we get the plastering done. These concrete guys are really good and really fast. Madzo and I are just trying to keep up!


We finished some of the plastering early today, so baba Chengo and I cruised down to Ghandini to grab some coconuts and break in my new machete, which is way dope by the way. We got down there and I saw this coconut tree that I wanted to climb and so I asked him if I could climb it and he started saying no and listing all these reasons why I couldn't. I'm like "Dude, relax" and I started cruising up that thing and he was yelling at me the whole way, and I just laughed. I think he finally realized I wasn’t some white boy wuss who doesn’t know how to do anything cause he stopped yelling and started laughing haha. Then we grabbed a buncha coconuts and skinned them like we had been doing it for years and sat back against a banana tree and just killed it for an hour or so. I am honestly making a summer home in Ghandini, that forest is the most unreal place on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment